GRANT FUNDS AND FOUNDATION AID
This year, the district will receive additional funding from the American Rescue Plan and an increase in Foundation Aid. Below, you will learn more about how this money can be spent and share your feedback as to how we should prioritize our plans.
American Rescue Plan
The Tuckahoe Union Free School District is seeking public input regarding how to use federal stimulus money from the American Rescue Plan (ARP). The District expects to receive $314,055 as part of the ARP plan. ARP is a 3-year funding stream that must be spent by September 2024.
The 2021-22 enacted state budget includes language requiring each LEA receiving federal ARP funding to post on its website, on or before July 1, 2021, a plan by school year of how such funds will be expended and how the LEA will prioritize spending on non-recurring expenses in the following areas:
- Safely returning students to in-person instruction;
- Maximizing in-person instruction time
- Operating schools and meeting the needs of students
- Purchasing educational technology
- Addressing the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on students
- Implementing evidence-based strategies to meet students' social, emotional, mental health, and academic needs
- Offering evidence-based summer, afterschool, and other extended learning and enrichment programs
- Supporting early childhood education
Some of the areas we are working on are:
- A summer support program, extending AIS and RTI supports
- Costs related to moving classroom furniture and equipment
- Enrichment activities such as clubs and activities
- Professional learning for staff to support students’ social and emotional needs
- Tutoring programs to address learning loss
- Instructional technology upgrades
The above list is only a snapshot of the ideas we are working on. Before posting such a plan, the budget language states that we must seek public comment from parents, teachers and other stakeholders on the plan and to take such comments into account in the development of the plan.
Additional information on the ARP funds can be at http://www.p12.nysed.gov/funding/arp-esser/
Increased Foundation Aid
The 2021-22 enacted state budget included language stating that, for the 2021-22, 2022-23 and 2023-24 school years, each school district receiving a foundation aid increase of more than ten percent or $10,000,000 must post to the district website prior to July 1 of each school year a plan by school year of how the funds will be used to address student performance and need, including but not limited to:
- Eliminating the achievement gap
- Providing additional supports in the classroom
- Providing supports for students who are not meeting, or at risk of not meeting, state learning standards in core academic subject areas
- Addressing student social-emotional health; and
- Providing adequate resources to English language learners, students with disabilities
- Professional development to improve learning for all students
Tuckahoe UFSD received a Foundation Aid increase of 34% for the 2021-22 school year.
The budget language states that, prior to posting such a plan, each school district must seek public comment from parents, teachers and other stakeholders on the plan and take such comments into account in the development of the plan.
Thank you for helping us gather information about students’ needs and priorities for the 2021-2022 school year. Your feedback through our June survey assisted in the development of the plan.
Tuckahoe UFSD ARP-ESSER - Approved Application
2021-22 School Year Plan for Foundation Aid
2021-22 School Year Plan for American Rescue Plan (ARP) Funds
2022-23 School Year Plan for Foundation Aid and American Rescue Plan (ARP) Funds
TUFSD - Proposed Budget FS-10 - ARP ESSER
TUFSD - Proposed Amendment FS-10-A 2 - ARP ESSER
TUFSD - Proposed Amendment FS-10-A 1 - ARP ESSER
TUFSD - Request for Funds FS-25 - ARP ESSER